Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Indulge in gluten free vegetarian burgers!

Do a double take... these burgers look like meat, but it's black beans and lentils!
Ingredients:
1/2 lb black beans (I used canned so I didn't have to soak them)
1/2 lb lentils (Cook them in 4 cups)
1/2 onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 bell pepper, seeded (I like the red ones)
1 egg
3/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs (I bought some at Carrs)
Srirachi to taste
Sea salt and peper to taste

Directions:

Rinse and drain the black beans. Drain the lentils. Cut the onion and bell pepper into a few smaller pieces and peel the garlic.

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse pulse pulse. When thoroughly mixed, form into patties and cook on a skillet over medium heat. I used my garlic wok oil in the skillet. The patties will brown nicely, about 5 minutes per side. Serve on gluten free rolls or wrap in lettuce. I like the Schar rolls from Carrs Safeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment